Saturday, May 12, 2012

Imaginal Cells


Click on image to see it larger.

I've started a new photo project called "Imaginal Cells." This refers to the transformative experience of the caterpillar losing all sense of itself in the chrysalis when it feels as though it has died. But within the decay is a cell called the imaginal cell that has all the properties of the butterfly the caterpillar will become.

Today I feel like a caterpillar in the chrysalis as I try to learn how to use my brand new iPhone. Even though I've used a cell phone since 1995 and a computer since 1998, I feel absolutely clueless when faced with this new (to me) technology. But I trust that within my brain is the imaginal cell that already knows all it needs to know to figure this out. And at tomorrow morning's iPhone workshop I expect to see that cell divide and evolve into a community of cells that can work together.

At least I am finally catching the train into the 21st century. I really was afraid I was going to be left behind. Next I need to learn how to tweet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!!! You can do it -- you will take to it like a fish in water. I look forward to your appearance on Twitter, too :)
love from Carol in MA

May 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home