Friday, August 28, 2009

just for fun...


I am in such a strange place photographically that the best I could do today was simply PLAY...thus today's composite. On Wednesday I completed/uploaded/ordered my final edition of the Blurb book I've been working on for fourteen and a half months. And now I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like a bag that's been turned inside out and has nothing left.

If you are interested in seeing the final photo edit/text of "Falling Into Place," CLICK HERE. Once at my website, click on "Falling Into Place" from the drop-down menu under Portfolios. To read the text, click on "INFO" in the box under the cover photo. Then wait for the photos to download to see the entire photo edit.

OK, I'm not REALLY done. In October my mentor, Magnum photog David Alan Harvey, and I hope to meet with Melissa Harris, editor-in-chief of Aperture. At that time I'll give her a copy of the Blurb book and hope she's intrigued enough to want to publish it. But until then, there's little I can do. Which, after all this time of being totally absorbed in this project, feels very strange indeed. As I say, I don't know what to do with myself. My niece says to enjoy some down time and rest but that's not my idea of fun.

My idea of fun is to be utterly passionate about a photo project, so much so that I wake and sleep thinking/dreaming about it. To be honest, right now I don't even want to pick up my camera. For a formerly everyday shooter, this feels weird. Hopefully it will soon pass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home