Sunday, May 10, 2009

in the Detroit Zoo butterfly house


I've been a WILD WOMAN shooting everyone and everyplace for my Mirror Me project!!! Every weekend since starting this project in New York City five weeks ago, I've gone off on multi-hour photo shoots. They've taken me to Detroit's Belle Isle Conservatory, the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, Detroit's Eastern (Farmers) Market, two gatherings of my women's community--one in Ontario and the other in Michigan--and yesterday to the Detroit Zoo. I am ADORING every minute! I get to go up to anyone I want, ask to take their picture and hear a bit of their story. A good number of them then email me and I send them a copy of their pic. Of the hundreds and hundreds of people I've approached, only a few have declined my invitation to be part of this project. Adults, children, elders, teens and persons of all ethnicities are represented. I already have about 270 possible "keepers" and am planning to keep at it for a year. Oh yes, to answer your unspoken question, I VERY MUCH see this as a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home